I almost got bored this morning, which never happens (there’s always something I can/should be doing). So I set myself a challenge.
Recently I’ve been feeling stressed about the amount of stuff we’ve been building up, so I challenged myself to find 25 things I could donate, recycle or throw away (preferably in that order).
I’ve found more than 40. They include:
- 2 trenchcoats that don’t fit me (and coming into winter, I’m sure someone else would really appreciate these)
- 3 business shirts I won’t ever wear (for varying reasons of fit/ugliness/damage)
- 3 jumpers I also won’t wear
- 18ish DVDs and blu-rays we won’t watch again (and if we did, I also have digital copies of most of them)
- 2 books, one of which we have two copies of, while the other is damaged beyond readability
- 2 salt and pepper shaker sets we don’t and won’t use
- 6ish kitchen utensils we have multiple of and/or won’t use
- 4 CDs I never play – and I don’t even remember what’s on them
- 2 bus/train timetables which are out of date and never used
- 6 other random one-off things we don’t need
They’re each small things, but they make a good difference.